Family Day is almost here! What are your plans for Family Day this year? If you still need some ideas, we’re here to help! Below are 10 ways you can celebrate CASAColumbia® Family Day in your home or in your community:
- Celebrate Family Day by pre-ordering the completely revised and updated edition of How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid: The Straight Dope for Parents! This book includes several brand new chapters covering issues of urgent concern to today’s parents and kids — such as legalized and synthetic marijuana, social media websites, cell phone apps, the prescription drug epidemic and abuse of ADHD medications, the partying culture of college life, and the latest facts on the critical connection between teen brain development and drinking and drug use.
- Connect with us! Find us on Facebook and Twitter and share your thoughts, ideas, and parenting experiences. Keep reading our Family Day blog to learn more about the importance of parental engagement.
- Take our STAR Pledge with parents across the country. This is your pledge to help keep your kids substance free!
- Are you looking for family activities? Use some of the tips, tools, and games in our Family Activity Kit.
- Order Family Day brochures and magnets and print out the Family Day Poster to distribute at Family Day events or at schools, PTA meetings, or any other organizations focused on strengthening families.
- Take our 30 Day Monthly Family Fun Challenge! You can win a free Sprinkles gift card this month just by posting a photo on our Facebook wall of your family doing your favorite activity together from this summer!
- Engage in conversations with your kids daily by using our conversation starters.
- Organize an event in your community! Host a Family Day event such as a potluck dinner, barbeque or other family friendly activity on or leading up to Family Day. For more ideas, click here.
- Check out our FAQ’s on Drug and Alcohol Use so you’re ready to answer any of your child’s questions about addiction or substance use.
- Spend time with your kids! Every day activities like driving your kids to soccer practice, tucking little ones into bed or having frequent family dinners, have a lasting effect on your children. Each of these moments offers an opportunity to communicate with your kids and to really listen to what’s on their mind.
Remember to mark your calendar for Monday, September 22nd! We’d love to hear how you’ll be celebrating Family Day this September and all throughout the year. Let us know by leaving a comment below.