We hope you had a great Family Day this year! We’d like to thank all of our Sponsors, Partners, and Participants who helped us spread the word about the importance of parental engagement.
We’re delighted that Presenting Sponsor The Coca-Cola Company partnered with Chick-fil-A restaurants to host Family Day events at three restaurants within the Los Angeles area and that 26 State First Spouses served as Honorary Chairs of Family Day this year. First Lady of Maine Ann LePage, First Lady of Maryland Katie O’Malley, First Lady of Indiana Karen Pence and First Lady of Wisconsin Tonette Walker hosted Family Day events on September 22nd. To see photos of the First Lady of Wisconsin Tonette Walker’s visit to Journey House, click here. To read First Lady of Texas Anita Perry’s blog post about Family Day, click here. To view First Lady of West Virginia Joanne Jaeger Tomblin Public Service Announcement about Family Day, click here.
Many local community groups celebrated CASAColumbia Family Day including:
- Burke County Health Department in Morganton, NC who hosted their 7th annual Family Day event at Catawba Meadows Park. Around 4,000 guests celebrated with activity booths, crafts, and a picnic dinner.
- Putnam P.R.I.D.E. in Putnam, CT partnered with their local family resource center and recreation department to co-sponsor a Family Day event at their Rotary Park. Close to 1,000 attendees enjoyed activities for families and a free concert.
- EMPOWER Porter County in Valparaiso, IN held Family Day events at three YMCAs in Porter County with around 800 attendees. The events included potluck dinners and various activities for kids and their families.
- Family and Friends United in Orlando, FL celebrated once again at Orlo Vista Park with crafts for kids and awards for elected community officials. 50 volunteers, about 20 vendors, and over 700 parents and children attended.
- Henderson Family Court in Henderson, KY hosted a Family Day event at Freedom Park with face painting, bouncy houses, story time, and food demonstrations. Their local farmer’s market was present, and over 300 people in the community attended.
How did your family celebrate CASAColumbia Family Day this year? Did you attend any of the events listed above? Let us know in the comments below!
Don’t forget that every day can be Family Day in your home! Try some of the items in our Activity Kit with your kids tonight! You can also take our Star Pledge, participate in our daily conversations on Twitter and Facebook and challenge your family with our 30 Day Family Fun Challenge!
We look forward to celebrating Family Day with you next year on Monday, September 28th, 2015. Please mark your calendars!