CASA Family Day is quickly approaching, and we can’t wait to share all the news with you about how to join this year’s celebration online or in person.
If you are a parent, you can celebrate Family Day by posting your #myfamilyselfie photos on social media. It’s simple and easy to participate. Just gather your family for a meal or special activity, snap a picture of everyone spending time together, and share the image on social media using #myfamilyselfie on Family Day, Sept. 26. Learn more here.
You can also celebrate Family Day with other families in your community. Our sponsors and partners/ambassadors and community groups all over the country have special events and activities planned to help families have fun and connect, whether it be over food, games, or conversation. Here’s a taste of what’s going on this year:
- 20 State First Spouses are serving as Honorary Chairs of Family Day. First Lady of Illinois Diana Rauner will be hosting a dinner for military families. First Lady of South Dakota Linda Daugaard will be reading to kids at the Dahl Arts Center in Rapid City.
- 12 Major League Baseball teams are helping to celebrate Family Day at their home games, including the: Atlanta Braves, Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Kansas City Royals, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland Athletics, Philadelphia Phillies, Pittsburgh Pirates, San Francisco Giants, St. Louis Cardinals, Seattle Mariners, and Washington Nationals.
Here is how some of our other sponsors and partners are celebrating Family Day:
- The Coca-Cola Company is back as Family Day’s Presenting Sponsor! Coca-Cola is partnering with Waffle House to offer coupons for a free kid’s meal.
- Family Day Partners/Ambassadors who will be sharing Family Day information with their community include: Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA), Fathers Incorporated, Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD), National Center for Fathering, National Military Family Association, Partnership for Drug-Free Kids, Prevent Child Abuse America, Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD), The Family Dinner Project, the Kids Time, and The Moyer Foundation.
- The Governors’ residences in Nevada and New Jersey will be lit in red and blue on September 26th in honor of Family Day.
- Mom Bloggers Amy Roskelley of Super Healthy Kids and Jen Frost of Faith and Fabric are once again partnering with Family Day to help spread awareness about the importance of parental engagement.
What are your Family Day plans? Let us know in the comments below! From our family to yours, we hope you have a fun and happy Family Day this year!