Tools You Can Use
Family Day offers the following tools and resources to help parents.
- How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid: The Straight Dope for Parents by Joseph A. Califano, Jr., Founder and Chairman Emeritus of CASAColumbia, is a book that helps parents deal with real world situations they face in raising teenage sons and daughters free of drug and alcohol abuse.
- Talking to your kids is a list of tips on talking to your kids about drugs and alcohol.
- Concerned your child might be experimenting with drugs and/or alcohol? We can offer some insight into signs and symptoms of substance abuse.
- Our Family Activity Kit provides fun activities for kids, recipes, meal planners and other family-fun items to make your Family Day celebration a success!
- Our Family Day Chef provides family-friendly recipes to help you you answer the question: "What's for dinner?"
- Our Infographics page provides more insight into the details about teen substance use.
- Talk to your pediatrician to make sure they are screening your children to prevent risky substance use and/or behavior.
- Learn the 9 Facets of Parental Engagement here.
“YOU are the more potent and underutilized tool to prevent your children from using substances and engaging in risky behavior.”