Tools You Can Use
CASA Family Day offers the following tools and resources to help parents.
- How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid: The Straight Dope for Parents by Joseph A. Califano, Jr., Founder and Chairman Emeritus of The National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, is a book that helps parents deal with real world situations they face in raising teenage sons and daughters free of nicotine, alcohol and other drug use.
- Talking to your kids is a list of parenting tips on talking to your kids about nicotine, alcohol and other drugs.
- Concerned your child might be experimenting with nicotine, alcohol and other drugs? We offer parenting support by giving some insight into signs and symptoms of substance use.
- Our Family Activity Kit provides an activity mat, word games, activity ideas, conversation starters, recipes and other family-fun items to make your Family Day celebration a success!
- To help spread the word in your community, download Family Day brochures here.
- Our partner, The Family Dinner Project, provides resources to help families have more frequent and meaningful shared meals, as well as tips to make those meals easier for busy families.
- Our Family Day Chef provides family-friendly recipes to help you answer the question: "What's for dinner?"
- Our Infographics page provides parent resources that give more insight into the details about teen substance use.
- Talk to your pediatrician to make sure they are screening your children to prevent risky substance use and/or behavior.
- Learn the 10 Facets of Parental Engagement here.
“YOU are the more potent and underutilized tool to prevent your children from using substances and engaging in risky behavior.”